President Trump’s vision of a massive wall along the U.S.-Mexico border may come to fruition with the help of businesses from Georgia.
More than 200 companies across the country have expressed interest in assisting with the project with just a handful from Georgia.
- Osprey Management – Sandy Springs, Ga
- C4 Planning Solutions – Augusta, Ga [defense contractor]
- ACC Construction Co. – Augusta, Ga.
- Thompson Co. – Norcross, Ga.
- Synergy Professionals – Peachtree City, Ga.
The administration has said that expressing interest does not equate to submitting a bid.
Proposals were due on Tuesday and while many have not been released, some companies have released their proposals on their own. Examples include:
1. Make the wall a tourist attraction with a sun deck 56 feet in the air
2. Install solar panels along the wall, which could pay off the costs of erecting the wall within 20 years.
3. Store nuclear waste along the entire border – 100 feet deep in trenches
4. Use ballistic concrete that could withstand a tank
and quite possibly the most unexpected proposal…
5. Instead of erecting a wall, remove the border all together. Proposed by a group of Mexicans working with American citizens.
However the wall ends up looking, any involved business stands to benefit from contract work related to the project that could cost upward of $19 billion.